Volunteer Liability Waiver and Agreement
This document explains possible risks of volunteering and includes liability waivers, consents, and other legal agreements.
The Volunteer hereby freely, voluntarily, and without duress executes this Release under the following terms:
1. Release and Waiver. Volunteer does hereby release and forever discharge and hold harmless The Everywhere Project and its successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, that arise or may hereafter arise from Volunteer's Activities with The Everywhere Project.
VOLUNTEER UNDERSTANDS THAT THIS RELEASE DISCHARGES The Everywhere Project FROM ANY LIABILITY OR CLAIM THAT THE VOLUNTEER MAY HAVE AGAINST The Everywhere Project WITH RESPECT TO ANY BODILY INJURY, PERSONAL INJURY, ILLNESS, DEATH, OR PROPERTY DAMAGE THAT MAY RESULT FROM VOLUNTEER'S ACTIVITIES WITH The Everywhere Project, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF The Everywhere Project OR ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS OR OTHERWISE. VOLUNTEER ALSO UNDERSTANDS THAT The Everywhere Project DOES NOT ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR OR OBLIGATION TO PROVIDE FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE OR OTHER ASSISTANCE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO MEDICAL, HEALTH, OR DISABILITY INSURANCE IN THE EVENT OF INJURY OR ILLNESS.
2. Medical Treatment. Volunteer does hereby release and forever discharge The Everywhere Project from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first aid, treatment, or service rendered in connection with the Volunteer's Activities with The Everywhere Project.
3. Assumption of the Risk. The Volunteer understands that the Activities may involve work that may be hazardous to the Volunteer, including, but not limited to, lifting heavy objects, being exposed to potentially hazardous material, handling hot or sharp objects, interacting with and being in the presence of other people, and transportation to and from the work sites. Volunteer hereby expressly and specifically assumes the risk of injury or harm in the Activities, and releases The Everywhere Project from all liability for injury, illness, death, or property damage resulting from the Activities.
4. Insurance. The Volunteer understands that, except as otherwise agreed to by The Everywhere Project in writing, The Everywhere Project does not carry or maintain health, medical, or disability insurance coverage for any Volunteer. Each Volunteer is expected and encouraged to obtain his or her own medical or health insurance coverage.
5. Photographic Release. Volunteer does hereby grant and convey unto The Everywhere Project all right, title, and interest in any and all photographic images and video or audio recordings made by The Everywhere Project during the Volunteer's Activities with The Everywhere Project, including, but not limited to, any royalties, proceeds, or other benefits derived from such photographs or recordings.
6. Other. Volunteer expressly agrees that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Pennsylvania, and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Pennsylvania. Volunteer also agrees that in the event that any clause or provision of this Release shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this Release which shall continue to be enforceable.